Rock Salt has a less salty taste and is not chemically processed. It can be used as a healthy substitute for common salt as it is rich in minerals and does not pose health problems like high blood pressure, puffiness in the body or eyes.
Low-sodium salt specially formulated to provide 15% lower sodium than regular salt.
(Per 100 g)
- Calories: 140,
- Carbs: 0 g,
- Fat: 7 g,
- Protein: 19 g.
How to Use:
- Rock salt is used as a condiment and preservative in Indian cuisine, especially during fasting days.
- It adds a great flavour to chaats, chutneys, raitas and many other savory Indian snacks and vegetable preparations.
- Its coarse texture makes it easy to pick up and sprinkle on food during or after cooking.
- The essential minerals in the salt act as important electrolytes in the body.
- They help with fluid balance, nerve transmission and muscle function.
- Some amount of salt is naturally found in most foods.
- It's also frequently added to foods in order to improve flavour.