Brown skinned sapotas are smooth to grainy textured, musky-scented and deliciously sweet in taste. The flesh generally contains 2-3 large and inedible black seeds.
Sapotas naturally enhance skin texture, complexion and maintain good hair health. They stop blood loss during injuries and reduce tooth cavities. They also contain anti-inflammatory properties and act as a detoxifying agent. They are good for pregnant women and lactating mothers.
How to Use:
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Sapotas can be eaten fresh or savoured with salads and custards.
- Scoop the flesh out and blend into juices and shakes.
- Prepare traditional sweets like halwa, barfi and kheer.
- As they are soft and easily consumable, they can be offered to growing babies.