Corn flour is derived from the ground and desiccated seed of the maize plant. It is the second most produced and consumed flour after wheat flour. It is a good source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is rich in phytochemicals and also provides protection against several chronic diseases as well as reduces the risk of haemorrhoids and colorectal cancer.
- Calories: 107,
- Carbs: 18 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 1 g.
- It makes healthy breakfast options for children and adults or even as an evening snack.
- Pour the corn flakes into a bowl, add milk and any toppings of your choice. And enjoy for breakfast.
- It is a gluten-free and processed corn product in which an endosperm is separated from germ and bran and grounded into a white powder.
- It is mostly used for thickening sauces.
- One cup of cornflour offers a third of regular fiber goals and also provides the essential protein that is required daily so the dishes prepared from it fulfills these requirements.