Kalonji is also referred to as fennel flowers or black cumin. Kalonji seeds are much related in size to a sesame seed. They are black in colour and have a very aromatic sturdy odour. It has a crunchy texture and is used in various forms of curries, vegetables and pieces of bread too.
- Calories: 7,
- Carbs: 1 g,
- Fat: 0 g,
- Protein: 0 g.
Dry roasted kalonji is used for flavouring curries, dal, stir-fried vegetables, and even savouries such as samosa, papdis and kachori among others.
- Packed with Antioxidants.
- May lower cholesterol.
- Could have Cancer-Fighting Properties.
- Can help kill off Bacteria.
- May alleviate Inflammation.
- Could help protect the Liver.
- Can aid in Blood Sugar Regulation.