The Red boiled / Matta rice is redin color and has a lot of health benefits. The matta rice that is not polished is called 'whole grain matta rice or 'brown rice'. With its earthy flavor, Matta rice is the perfect accompaniment for many curries.
- Calories: 100,
- Carbs: 22 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 2 g.
- High fiber.
- Aids digestive processes.
- Boost energy and mood.
- Low glycemic index, thereby lowering the impact of raised blood sugar.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Wash the rice at least 5 to 6 times.
- Soak rice in water for at least 30 mins.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add soaked rice and cook for 20 mins on medium heat stirring often.
- Check whether the rice is done by pressing the rice.
- Once it is cooked, drain the rice.