- Known worldwide for its delicious seeds, roots, shoots, flowers, leaves and fruit, Chow Chow also known as Chayote, is a roughly pear-shaped, mild flavoured and green vegetable.
- Chow chow is rich in nutrients like folate and B-vitamin.
- Helps build energy and prevents homocystein build-up, constipation, acne and bone loss.
- Good for the heart and keeps the thyroid healthy.
How to Use:
- Chow chow can be stored in the refrigerator. Lightly wrap it in a paper towel before placing it in a bag.
- Every part of this vegetable can be consumed.
- Chow Chow can be eaten raw, steamed, baked, stuffed, fried, marinated or boiled.
- Its soft flesh is often used for making baby food, juices, sauces as well as pasta dishes.