- These narrow long beans, called Cluster beans or Guar, come with tiny pods and are highly nutritious.
- Cluster beans are rich in minerals like potassium, folate, Iron and calcium. They are a rich source of vitamins such as A, B and K.
- Cluster beans and their seeds have enormous medicinal value and are packed with health benefits like decreasing blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
How to Use:
- Store unwashed fresh beans in a perforated plastic bag and refrigerate. Whole beans stored this way will stay for a week.
- Tender cluster beans are steamed, boiled, fried and even put into curries.
- They are soaked in buttermilk, sun dried and used to make fries. Goes well with potatoes and moong dal.