Idly dosa batter: Craving for delicious South Indian food? Now Cook it yourself… We made the preparation for you JUST the same way you would do it. Now with our All Natural (No soda, no Preservatives) Dosa batter, just add your love and cook soft delicate Idlies and crispy brown Dosa’s and feel the home in every bite.
What is Idly dosa ?
A dish of the Indian subcontinent with so much popularity and omnipresence. The dishes are roughly 1,000 years old and have the stamp of originality that is typical Indian. You can get it in any nook and cranny of India, though the taste may differ according to the province’s culinary influences. It is one of the most favorite breakfasts/dinner for any south Indian.
The batter is made with the best quality rice, urad dal, and methi seeds which are soaked, grinded and naturally fermented at the right degree.
Masala dosa which is popular and loved by Europeans is made from this batter.
Side dish Recommendations:
Sambhar, Coconut chutneys, Onion Tomato chutney, Garlic Redchilli chutney, Podi are the favorites. Idly & dosa goes well with every side dish and everyone prefers their own.
How to Use:
- Wash the pack and Cut open the pack.
- The batter is mildly salted. If needed, add the required amount of salt and stir the batter well before use.
- For Idly, just scoop the batter into idly plates and steam it for 10-12 minutes. Overcooking will make it hard.
- For dosa, add some water to the batter. After the addition of water it cannot be used to make idlies.
- Heat a pan and using a ladle spread it in evenly to make dosa.
How to Store:
For longer use, always close the seal of the pack once used and refrigerate. Stays good in the refrigerator for more than a week, when stored at 5°C.