It’s a popular South-Indian breakfast recipe. The urad dal or urid linsen is soaked and smoothly grinded. The batter of the Vada is usually flavoured with curry leaves, ginger, chilies, onion and peppercorns. Then they are shaped like a donut and deep fried.
The Vada is usually served with sambar and chutney .
How to Use:
- Open the Ziplock of the vada batter pack
- Add 2 finely chopped onions, 2 chopped green chilli,1/2-inch chopped ginger, 5-6 peppercorns and salt (as required) and mix it really well.
- Close the zip lock properly.
- Apply water on the flat spatula. Squeeze the pack starting from the top of the pack in the shape of the Vada.
- Turn the flat spatula upside down as close as possible to the oil surface and fry the vada till crispy and golden brown.
- Server hot with your favourite chutney / or make delicious dahi Vada. Makes around 15 Vadas.