Sit back and savour the traditional taste of home-made sambar. All with MTR Foods signature recipe made the authentic South Indian way!
Established in 1924, MTR is the contemporary way to authentic tasting food, Our products are backed by culinary expertise honed, over 8 decades of serving wholesome, tasty and high-quality vegetarian food. Using authentic Indian recipes, the purest and best quality natural ingredients and traditional methods of preparation.
We bring you a range of products of unmatched flavour and taste, to delight your family at every meal and every occasion. MTR is your special friend in the kitchen, that helps you bring extra joy to your family's everyday celebration with a variety of deliciously tempting food, So make every family occasion a special one, with MTR.
Coriander (36%), Rice flour, Red Chilli (12%), Cumin, Fenugreek, Cinnamon.
How to Use:
- Cook 400g of vegetables of your choice. Keep aside.
- Cook 60g (4 tbsp) of toor dal in 3/4th (750ml) of water with 1 tsp cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric.
- Grind 20g of MTR Sambar Powder with grated coconut and a little jaggery (if desired).
- Mix this with the cooked dal.
- Add cooked vegetables, tamarind extract and salt to taste. Boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare the seasoning of 1 tsp mustard and curry leaves in 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- Add to Sambar.