- Ridge Gourds are long vegetables with a ridged dark green skin and white spongy flesh that contains numerous seeds inside.
- They are rich in fiber and very prominent in Indian cooking.
- Ridge Gourds help in weight loss. Consumption of its juice is a remedy for jaundice.
- It purifies the blood, strengthens liver functioning, relieves from intoxication and regulates blood glucose levels.
How to Use:
- To keep ridge gourds crisp, wrap them in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Used in curries, dal, sambar, soups and fried dishes. To prepare snack bajji, dip it in chick pea batter and deep fry.