Top Op Dagarful/Black Stone Flower
Black Stone Flower or Dagad Phool is a soft brown and black coloured lichen that gives the signature black color to various masalas like Goda Masala/Kala Masala. Stone flowers are very popular in Indian delicacies and snacks. It has a strong earthy aroma and a very dry, light fluffy texture and feels to it.
- Calories: 45,
- Carbs: 5 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 3 g.
How to Use:
- Stone flower is a species of lichen used as a spice in India.
- One of the ingredients in East Indian Bottle Masala, the spice is mostly used in dishes like nahari, Bombay biryani, Goan meat stews.
- A good pain reliever, Kalpasi helps heal wounds.
- It helps treat skin problems and reduces inflammation.
- It has antibacterial activity and is effective against protozoans.
- It improves digestion and helps suppress respiratory disorders.
- It tones up the urinary tract and helps maintain body temperature.