Top Op Poha/Rice Flakes - Medium
Avalakki Medium is oval-shaped and has a slightly thinner texture than thick poha. This cereal is made by flattening de-husked rice.
These are rigid, bland-tasting, white grains that get softer and tend to swell up to twice their size when soaked in water. It gives instant energy and thus used in several heart-healthy traditional recipes.
It is good for weight management also as it doesn't contain any cholesterol and saturated fat. It is enriched with Vitamins, carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
- It contains a good amount of complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
- It is also a rich source of vitamin E and minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- It is easily digestible and filling making it light yet satisfying meals.
- Poha is light on the stomach and easy to digest.
- It is a source of instant energy on account of the rice content.
How to Use:
- Soak in water for 2-3 minutes so that they can soften.
- Drain the water before using.
- It can be consumed with milk and sugar or cooked to make desserts, poha, upma.
- It can also be fried to make tasty snacks.