Rice flour is made from grounded raw rice and is the perfect substitute for wheat flour, which sometimes may trigger irritation in the digestive system.
A staple of Southeast Asia, Japan and southern India, rice flour is used in several recipes as a thickening agent. It is also the most preferred ingredient for gluten-free baked products as it is has a unique and sandy texture.
- Calories: 366,
- Carbs: 80 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 6 g.
How to Use:
- Raw rice should typically be prepared with double the quantity of water.
- One cup of rice should be added to at least two cups of boiling water.
- Once it is cooked, it should be covered and left to stand before it is drained.
- Serve this rice along with Dal or curry of your choice.
- High fiber.
- Aids digestive processes.
- Boost energy and mood.
- Low glycemic index, thereby lowering the impact of raised blood sugar.
- Lowers cholesterol.