Soya Beans contain 40 percent protein. It has the highest protein content amongst plant products. Soya is often used to replace the animal proteins in an individual's diet. Soybeans offer a wealth of benefits, including their ability to improve metabolism, help in healthy weight gain, protect heart health, and reduce the effects of menopause.
They improve digestion, promote bone health, protect against birth defects, increase circulation, decrease the risk of diabetes, and generally tone up the body.
- Calories: 240,
- Carbs: 14 g,
- Fat: 13 g,
- Protein: 18 g.
How to use:
- Soybeans are processed for their oil (see uses below) and meal (for the animal feed industry).
- A smaller percentage is processed for human consumption and made into products including soy milk, soy flour, soy protein, tofu and many retail food products.
- Soybeans are also used in many non-food (industrial) products.
- High in fiber.
- High in protein.
- Low in saturated fat.
- Cholesterol and lactose-free.
- A good source of omega-3 fatty acids and also an antioxidant.