TRS Anardana / Dried Pomegranate
- Anardana is the dried seeds of varieties of pomegranate too sour to consume as fresh fruit; they contain a tasty, fruity taste.
- Made of dried pomegranate seeds, it has a mildly fruity, sweet and sour flavor.
- Used in sour chutneys, anardana is also used in pastries and bread.
- The seeds are tough and sticky but can be infused into liquids or combined with other spices and ground to impart intense flavor.
- Calories: 110,
- Carbs: 25 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 1 g.
- Protects us from free radicals.
- It thins your blood.
- Prevention of atherosclerosis.
- It acts as an oxygen mask.
- It prevents arthritis.
How to use:
- Anardana is used in Indian and Persian cuisine as a souring agent, much like sumac or amchoor.
- With their sweetish sour flavor, they are a wonderful addition to vegetable and legume dishes like Chole, Dal Tadka and Aloo anardana.
- Pomegranate seeds are also used in Iranian cooking.
- It is an interesting alternative to raisins in cakes and other desserts.