Cardamom is a spice made from plants in the genera Elettaria and Amomum in the family Zingiberaceae. They are recognised by their small seed pods, triangular in cross-section and spindle-shaped, with a thin, papery outer shell and small black seeds. It is free from synthetic chemicals and pesticides.
- Calories: 311,
- Carbs: 68 g,
- Fat: 7 g,
- Protein: 11 g.
- Antioxidant and Diuretic Properties may lower blood pressure.
- May contain Cancer-Fighting Compounds.
- May Protect from Chronic Diseases thanks to Anti-Inflammatory effects.
- May help with Digestive Problems, including Ulcers.
- Cardamom pairs well with poultry, red meat, lentils, oranges, rice and other warm spices, like nutmeg and cinnamon.
- It's ideal in curries, teas, baked goods (like this gorgeous bread) and sausages.