Cashew nuts are kidney-shaped, delicately sweet and crunchy seeds that are found at the bottom of the cashew apple. They have a buttery, sweet and salty taste which makes it almost everyone's favourite dry fruit.
The nut is also a good source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are readily available and can serve as an instant snack when hunger strikes. Cashew nuts are used widely in the kitchen, both in savoury and sweet dishes.
How to Use:
- Cashews are the most preferred nuts when it comes to enjoying healthy snacks. They can be eaten salted or sweetened or can be relished as a garnish in sweets and Indian desserts.
- These versatile nuts are also used in various dishes, sometimes for garnishing - like in rice preparations - sometimes as a main ingredient like in baked cookies and cakes.
- They are also used in several dishes where the cashew is grounded to a paste and added to the curry.
- Cashews have a low-fat content when compared to all the other nuts. It can help reduce high triglyceride levels.
- The mono and polyunsaturated fats found in cashews are an excellent way to manage weight and reduce the build-up of fat and cholesterol in the heart.