Desiccated Coconut is a finely Grated, Dried, Unsweetened form of Coconut, obtained by drying shredded or ground kernel. It contains no cholesterol or trans fats while being rich in a number of essential nutrients, including dietary fibre, manganese, copper and selenium. It is used as a substitute for raw grated coconut in confectioneries, desserts like puddings, cookies, cakes, pastries, and other food preparations.
- Calories: 660
- Carbs: 24 g
- Fat: 65 g
- Protein: 7 g
- It can be added to hot or cold cereals and as an addition to baked goods. Also consumed as a snack item.
- This can be added in smoothies, sprinkling on salads or stirred into sautéed vegetables.
- Coconuts are especially high in manganese, which is essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and cholesterol.
- They are also rich in copper and iron, which help form red blood cells, as well as selenium, an important antioxidant that protects your cells.
- They also contain protein, several important minerals, and small amounts of B vitamins.