TRS Fennel Seeds
Saunf is known as Fennel. It is a fragrant and tasty herb that has a few culinary and additional therapeutic effects. Saunf is an integral flavouring agent and it’s the soul of many Indian dishes. Saunf is a sweet-smelling herb that is utilized in different cooking preparations as well. It has a perfumed smell and taste. It is a greenish-brown, small oval seed from a plant in the parsley family.
- Calories: 25,
- Carbs: 3 g,
- Fat: 1 g,
- Protein: 1 g.
- Potassium present in fennel seeds helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Saunf has been found to be highly effective in the treatment of asthma.
- Anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties found in fennel help clear the sinuses and relieve asthma symptoms by having a soothing effect on the throat and the airways.
How to Use:
- Saunf is often used in Tadka or tempering of dishes and in pickles and chutneys.
- The seeds are chewed by many as an after-dinner 'mint' and can often be seen in Indian restaurants to take as a digestive on the way out.