Gram flour or besan is a pulse flour made from ground yellow gram lentil. It is a staple ingredient in the cuisine of the Indian.
Besan or gram flour contains healthy unsaturated fats & are a good source of fiber. Ideal for mixing with flour for rotis & parathas or indulging your sweet tooth.
- Calories: 387,
- Carbs: 58 g,
- Fat: 7 g,
- Protein: 22 g.
- It is used in gravies, batters, etc.
- Also, it is commonly used as a replacement for egg in vegetarian cooking.
- Chila, a very popular fast food and snack is made from gram flour batter.
- When made into a paste with water or yogurt, it is used popularly as a face cleanser in the Indian subcontinent.
- Besan contains soluble fiber, which keeps your heart healthy.
- Besan is one of the best home remedies to control Diabetes.
- Besan helps in faster calorie burn because of the lower levels of the glycemic index.