Thick Poha is smaller in size, prepared by flattening the dehusked rice. It gets its thick texture and rectangular shape from less beating. It is highly nutritious enriched with Vitamins A & C, calcium, carbohydrates.
It’s easy to digest, soft to chew and takes little time in cooking. It gives good energy as it contains low saturated fat which does not affect your cholesterol levels.
It's an Ideal breakfast cereal for adults, senior citizens, and kids. It is a healthy snack because it is lactose, cholesterol, sodium and fat-free.
Thick poha is preferred for making traditional poha dishes like Kanda Poha, aloo poha as it does not stick when soaked in water. It can also be used with Milk and Sugar or Cooked to Create Poha, Desserts, Upma. It Can Also Be Fried to Create Delicious Snacks.
- It contains a good amount of complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
- It is also a rich source of vitamin E and minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- It is easily digestible and filling making it light yet satisfying meals.
- Poha is light on the stomach and easy to digest.
- It is a source of instant energy on account of the rice content.
- Soak it in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the water and add flakes to the pan.
- It can be fried with spices and chilly to make a hot and tasty dish or it can also be mixed with milk and sugar to make sweet preparation.