Lobia is a certain type of bean, which has a little oval structure with a black eye on it. It can be added to a number of cuisines starting from Dal to the salad.
Red Lobia or China Bean is a relatively soft bean and there is no need to soak it as it cooks simply. These are rich in soluble fibre, protein, folate, complex carbohydrates, and iron.
They are well non for their texture and their ability to absorb flavours. It contains high freshness, outstanding taste and high nutritional value.
- Calories: 150,
- Carbs: 0 g,
- Fat: 0 g,
- Protein: 0 g.
- In traditional Southern cuisine, the cooked beans are mixed with meat, spices, and leafy greens.
- It can be added to a variety of recipes, including soups, stews, and salads.
- The potassium in lobia helps balance the excess sodium in our diets and keeps the blood pressure at a healthy level.
- Lobia also contains vitamin B1, or thiamine, which helps maintain the health of nerves and is also essential for glucose metabolism in the body, and vitamin A, a vision-enhancing nutrient.
- Lobia is loaded with fiber, and the kind it has is non as soluble fiber, which binds to cholesterol and helps throw it out of the body, besides keeping constipation away.