Semolina is a coarsely ground cereal with various health benefits. This is commonly is used to make upma, porridge and in desserts such as pudding. Naturally, low in gluten and has a low glycemic index.
Highest mineral, antioxidant and fiber content of any wheat flour. Naturally rich in fiber, vitamins like Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin E and minerals like Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper, Selenium and other nutrients such as folic acid, protein, Omega3 and Omega6. It is a high-protein diet, but unlike meat items it does not contain any fat and is good for a healthy lifestyle.
- Calories: 300,
- Carbs: 35 g,
- Fat: 0 g,
- Protein: 10 g.
- It is rich in insoluble fiber, which is concentrated in the bran.
- Enriched wheat flour may be a good source of iron, thiamine, niacin, calcium, and vitamin B6, in addition to the above nutrients.
- Whole wheat may be a decent source of several vitamins and minerals, including selenium, manganese, phosphorus, copper, and folate.
How to Use:
- Medium-sized wheat kernels are usually used for savory preparations like upma or namkeen dalia.
- These are usually used to prepare broken wheat kheer or sweet lassi with milk and it is used to prepare vegetable daliya and Khichdi.