Yellow Peas are small, round and yellow, and are generally harvested in the early summer. It gives delicious taste, as a fresh Green Peas. These are low in calories and contain negligible amounts of sodium, fat and cholesterol. Vitamins A, C, K and B6 are present in plenty
- Calories: 376,
- Carbs: 49 g,
- Fat: 14 g,
- Protein: 13 g.
- Peas can do wonders for your digestion.
- The high fiber content present in pods helps in maintaining good digestive health.
- They are a good source of iron.
- They are rich in vitamin C, which makes them one of the best immunity building foods.
- The insoluble fiber content present in peas helps reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Drain soaking water and replace with fresh, cold water for cooking.
- Place on stove and bring to a boil in a pot with a lid.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, tilting lid slightly to allow steam to escape, and leave to cook for up to 90 minutes, or until tender.